HGV Class 1 Drivers
Optimum Driving Group is a leading HGV driver recruitment agency based in Milton Keynes, specialising in supplying professional HGV drivers to the transport and logistics sector for many years.
We currently have various positions available for UK and Holland HGV Work. For more details, please call us on 01908 018072, our team is here to help you.
Type of HGV work:
- The type of work is tramping mainly fridge work moving fruit and veg along with frozen work, currently, for UK contract all trucks are RHD Daf’s 106 (new 2019) have a fridge, air-con, and inverter as standard working in the UK and Europe (mainly around Holland).
- We also have a second Dutch contract which is driving LHD trucks (Tramping) with fridge trailers mainly moving meat & mainly working days – trucks vary with this contract and depending on location, trucks are outbased, you would be expected to travel to Holland at least once a week.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will also have good English with great communication skills, be able to make decisions under pressure, be organised, flexible, and reliable, and have good knowledge of the HGV driving safety and regulations.
HGV Job requirement:
- Hold Class 1 Licence for a min of 1 year
- Must be over 25 years old
- No DD, IN, DR, TT99, CD endorsements, and no more than 6 points on licence – we may have options with this so please call if you have any issues with codes/points.
- A flexible approach and good communication skills.
- Digital tacho card
- Driver CPC
- Know the HGV/LGV working hours and breaks, safety and regulations.
- If looking for the LHD contract have experience of driving those vehicles.
How We Pay:
- We pay by the hour, and you could be expected to work maximum hours in the week, the jobs can be days and nights and premiums are paid for night work and for making certain types of deliveries (UK contract).
- All our drivers work via an Ltd company or an umbrella company – Maxipay is the current umbrella we use; you can use any company that suits you.
- Currently for the full-time work drivers would have to work out one of three bases – Doncaster (Misson near Bawtry), Wellingborough (Irthlingborough) or Bury St Edmunds.
Please contact us for the rates.
How to Apply:
To apply for the HGV driving positions, simply get in touch with us on 01908 018072 for more information, or email your CV to Martin at optimumeuropean.com
Alternatively, you can send us your details via our online driver enquiry form and we will get in touch shortly. We look forward to receiving your application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.